I’ve sold my caravan. What do I need to do next?

Congratulations! You’ve sold your caravan but what next? We’ve created a handy checklist to help you get everything in order before your caravan changes hands. 

Click here to get started and our step-by-step checklist will guide you through the process. 

Make sure your transfer paperwork is in order 

Vehicle Transfer, Change of Ownership or Notice of Disposal’ forms may need to be completed (signed by both the buyer and seller) when a caravan or motorhome is sold.  We also recommend you call your state authority and notify them that it's been sold. In some states, the responsibility lies with the seller to prepare and submit the transfer papers, while in others, it’s up to the buyer.  Either way, it’s important that the seller keeps a copy of the form as a record of transfer and date of sale. 


Prepare a receipt of sale 

While this document is not legally binding, it’s a good way of keeping a record of the sale and all relevant details. 


Notify your insurance and roadside assistance providers 

Remember to call your insurance and roadside assistance companies and notify them of the sale of the caravan or motorhome as well as any new purchase to ensure you stay protected on the road. 


Transfer your tollway tag or pass 

Before getting into your new caravan, make sure your tollway account has been transferred across. 


Remove your ad from caravancampingsales

Finally, once the sale is complete don’t forget to remove your ad from caravancampingsales. You can find out more information on how to do this in your caravancampingsales Account. 



Related articles: 

Do I need a roadworthy certificate to sell my motorhome? 

Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request