You've listed your vehicle on caravancampingsales, but now what?
Here are a few tips to help you prepare your vehicle for sale and give you the best chance of selling quickly and at your ideal price
- Give your vehicle a good clean: It’s important that your vehicle looks its very best while you’re in the process of selling. Remove any personal items from your vehicle and consider spending a bit of extra money on a professional detail clean.
- Make sure your car is up to date with servicing & consider doing some low cost repairs: Small improvements like touching up scratches, dents or any broken parts aren't time consuming and could boost the appearance of your vehicle dramatically
- Check if you need a roadworthy certificate: In some states, you will be required to provide a roadworthy certificate before selling your vehicle. It’s a good idea to check with your state’s road authority to ensure you have all the necessary documentation to make for a smooth sale
- Contact your finance company: If your vehicle is under finance, you should contact your finance company to arrange for it to be paid out upon sale
- Monitor your ad’s performance: caravancampingsales will send you a weekly ad performance email. Keep an eye on this – if your ad is not attracting many views or if you haven’t received many enquiries, consider lowering your price and adding additional photos and comments.
- Know how to manage enquiries: Once your ad is live on caravancampingsales, you’ll start to receive enquiries from potential buyers. To avoid being caught off guard, it’s a good idea to have a list prepared about your vehicle's history. Include details such as; your car’s hours or odometer reading, service record, number of previous owners, colours and extra features and make a note of any minor damages to report